When you first join Planet Fitness, it’s hard to deny that the gym doesn’t offer many perks. There is no cost for parking, plus a complimentary towel and water bottle are available to use. However, there are also a number of things that make this gym brand less than desirable. For one thing, the company charges a hidden fee for guests that wish to use their services. If a friend decides to exercise with you at this gym, you will have to pay $4 as an extra charge on top of your monthly dues.
Open the app on your mobile device
Canceling your Planet Fitness membership is easy. All you need to do is call the number on the back of your ID card to cancel or reschedule your membership. You can also cancel or reschedule your membership through the Planet Fitness website.
If you’d rather not deal with an automated system and would prefer to speak with a person, you can cancel your membership directly from within the app, to do so:
- Open the app on your mobile device.
- Tap “Sign In.” If you’re already signed in, skip this step.
- Enter your email address and password, then tap “Sign In.” If this is your first time using Planet Fitness’ mobile app, tap “Create New Account” instead of entering an email address and password.
- Tap “Specialty Services,” then tap “Membership Services.” This will display a list of available services such as changing a payment method or canceling your membership. Tap on “Cancel Membership.”
Select the “more” tab on the bottom right side of your screen
- To cancel your Planet Fitness membership on the app, simply select the “More” tab on the bottom right side of your screen.
- Select “Account Settings” from this menu and then tap “Cancel Membership.”
- You will then be prompted to confirm your cancellation by entering in your email address and password. If you are not signed into your account via the mobile app, enter in your email address and password here.
- Once you have confirmed your cancellation request, a confirmation message will appear confirming that you have canceled your membership and that it will not auto-renew at the end of its current term.
If you want to cancel your Planet Fitness membership, you’ll need to do so in person at a location near you. You must do this before the end of your current billing period and before any future charges are made against your account.
To cancel your membership, visit a Planet Fitness club and speak with an associate. You can also call 1-888-811-PARK (7275) or email [email protected]
Select “membership” on the home page of the app. Then select “cancel membership.” Select “cancel membership” again to confirm your request.
Select “cancel membership”
If you’re not happy with your Planet Fitness membership, you can request a refund within the first 30 days. After that period, you can cancel your membership and receive a pro-rated refund for any unused time.
There are several ways to cancel your membership:
- Use the app. Select “cancel membership” and enter your email address and zip code. You’ll receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. If you don’t receive an email, call customer service.
- Log in to your account online.
- Click “cancel membership” under “my account” on the left side of the page, then fill out all required fields on the next page and click “submit request” to confirm cancellation. You’ll receive confirmation via email within 24 hours. If you don’t receive an email, call customer service.
Select which reason matches your reason for canceling
- I want to cancel my membership because I am moving out of the area.
- I want to cancel my membership because I am moving out of town.
- I want to cancel my membership because I am going to be away from home for a period longer than three months.
- I want to cancel my membership because I am returning to school and will not be able to visit during the semester.
- I want to cancel my membership because I am retiring from work.
- I want to cancel my membership because it’s been over 30 days since I first joined, but I still haven’t received my free personal training session or free gym bag, or both (if applicable).
Add any additional comments about why you are canceling
I’m canceling my membership because I’m moving out of state and won’t be back. I’d like to cancel my membership as soon as possible. I was wondering if there was a way to cancel my membership online, or if I had to call in?
In addition to the above, I’ve been having issues with your gym for months but you guys have not resolved anything. I just want to cancel my membership because of all the problems that have arisen with management and employees at this facility.
Select “yes, submit cancellation request” and you will receive a confirmation the request has been submitted to your home club
To cancel your membership, simply log in to your account and select “manage membership” from the top menu. As long as you are within 30 days of your renewal date, we will not charge you for another month of membership.
Cancellation requests can take up to 10 days to process depending on where you live, so please allow enough time for us to process this request before cancelling your payment method or closing your account.
The customer service representative can make this process easier or harder for you depending on how you approach them
I have a membership to Planet Fitness, but I would like to cancel my membership. I tried going on their website, but it doesn’t seem like there is a way to do that. I’m hoping that you guys might have some insight into how to cancel my membership.
I’ve been trying to cancel my membership with Planet Fitness for over two months now and they still haven’t done it. I’ve called at least ten times and each time they say they are going to send the papers out, but they never do.
When I call again, they say that there was an error in the system and then they say that they will send me an email with instructions on how to cancel my account, but again nothing happens.
To cancel your membership, you will need to contact the customer service department of Planet Fitness by email. You can do so through the contact form on their official website. Alternatively, you can also call their customer care number. But be aware that cancelling your membership via phone will take more time than doing so online and might not always produce the same results.